Generating a CSR is the first step you must perform in order to apply for an SSL Certificate.
This can be done from your web server control panel, and requires you to enter the following details about your website and organization:
- Organization Name
- Organizational unit: This describes the type of your organization. For e.g. Sole Proprietorship, Government Department, Public (Listed) Company, Private (Unlisted) Company, etc.
- Country Code
- State or Province
- Common Name: This is the domain name for which you have purchased the SSL Certificate.
- The Common Name should match the domain name of the order. If you have purchased the SSL Certificate for yourdomain.com, you need to enter yourdomain.com as the Common Name.
- For wildcard certificates, enter the Common Name as *.yourdomain.com. This means that the certificate will be issued for all sub-domains of yourdomain.com.
- The SSL Certificate issued will be valid for yourdomain.com as well as www.yourdomain.com.
Once you enter these details, you will receive an encoded file – your CSR. This CSR can now be used to submit your SSL Certificate application to the Certificate Authority.
How to generate a CSR on a specific webserver
If your website is hosted with China.ResellerClub then click here to generate a CSR.
If your website is hosted with another provider then depending upon your web server/control panel click on the link below: